We, HYPERREAL, LLC ("we", "us", "our") a company registered and existing under the laws of the State of Florida, is the provider of the Juliet service, or any applications (including mobile applications) made available by Juliet (together, the "Service").
1. Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information.
Information You Provide Us Directly:
- Your e-mail address and password when you register for a Juliet account.
- User Content (e.g., photos, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered "special" or "sensitive" in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- We also process your conversations with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the Service.
- Communications between you and Juliet. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Information Collected When You Use Our Services:
- Hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- Information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
- If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you're using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren't using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services).
- We collect information about your interactions with the Service such as the content you view, say, and any other actions on the Service.
2. How We Use Your Information
- To help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- Provide you with more personalized matches
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
3. How We Share Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Juliet (or the group of companies of which Juliet is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
With Our Service Providers and Partners:
- We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations. We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
With Other Users:
- You share information with other Users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including User Content). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share are things that you're comfortable being publically viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects Users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. How We Store Your Information
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we, our Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- We encrypt our services using TLS and in most cases use encryption at rest for our databases
5. How Long We Keep Your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, we, our Affiliates, or their Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Our services are restricted to Users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit Users under the age of 18 on our Service and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a User is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the Service.
8. How to Contact Us